so I included an update on Saturday from me but I hope everyone got to read Lauren's update as well.
Today is Tuesday October 6th. At least for the next 5 minutes. We have been in Korea for the last 3 days. And since my last update I have gotten myself a cold which has just about kicked my but. Regardless we spend some time in Seoul - mostly wandering and in Inchon checking out local scenery and I spent an entire day on the ship hoping to recover enough to go to the DMZ today with Elsa, Linda and WIlf. It was pretty cool but the day has gotten the best of me and as we say good by (our flight back to the US is tomorrow) we all really remember our trip fondly and while we look forward to getting back dont quite want to let it all go. SO Lauren had some comments on my last update that I thought I would include and I will leave it at that. I hope to get out a wrap up when I am back in CT and feeling better but for now I need to sleep!
To keep Kristen honest I feel like I have to add my 2 cents. She is mostly correct in that being a vegetarian does give me a get out of jail free card on eating most of the strange looking foods. This however was NOT the case at the Kaiseki dinner- where I was watched very carefully and several times ladies came over to make sure I was eating- going as far as making a small plate, placing it in front of me and standing there staring at me until I ate it- it was like a stand off! The Geisha dance reminded me of the electric slide- so you all know K10 tore it up!
Also on the food front I can not believe she did not mention Mo's if for no other reason then it had a version of the deep fried potato burger...imagine a croquette on a roll. Mo's is a japanese version of McD's...so of course they serve tea with their burgers and have all kinds of burgers that you will not find at any McD's in the United States. As our trip winds down (we fly home tomorrow) it is bittersweet.
We are of course looking forward to getting home to our routines and food we recognize but we have had such a good time with Kristen, Wilf and Linda it is going to be sad to say good-by. Each person has added a little something different and made the trip that much better. Kristen has done her part to keep Elsa company at meals where the food is literally crawling off the griddle, helped us navigate the trains, taxi and subway situations and I swear she can read any language or at least has convinced herself and me that she can.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lauren,
ReplyDeleteHaving spent 6 weeks in Europe with Kristen I can attest to the fact that she can read and navigate in any country. If not for her I would still be wondering around some 19 years later. OMG 19 years!! Didn't I just graduate a couple of years ago, where did the time go?
Gina